The Treble Clef also known as the G-Clef is
generally used for the higher voices in music for
vocalists and instrumentalists.(It's the usual top line
in piano pieces.)

It is known as the G-Clef due to its placement on the
staff. If you look closely you'll notice that the loop in
the center is focused on the G.
Theory Handbook Home - Reading Music - Intervals - Contact Info -

Copyright 2007 Michael Sparks All rights reserved.